Logo

Logo
Design by Dusten Wolff

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

72 Hour Film Festival Part III

So yesterday I found out that Towson's Fourth Annual 72 Hour Film Festival is going to take place this weekend! Pretty insane considering I just found out yesterday and they didn't finalize the details until I think last Friday or Saturday. In either case I am still going to do it and I plan on keeping the film small. That idea actually worked out to my favor since on the list of rules you are only allowed to have a maximum of 5 people working on the film which to me is a good thing but it is also pretty crazy. I mean if you want sound and camera there are two people right there...then add in actors and you have only 3 spots left. People are going to cheat more than likely because only 5 cast and crew members is a crazy limit to have to abide by. I think I can make it work though and I hope this weekend can go over well, then only other road block is that I work so much over this weekend. Luckily I took off Sunday but I am supposed to be working all day saturday and then literally all day Monday and the films are due Monday at 4pm. Craziness shall ensue for sure.

For the festival I am renting a Canon 5d Mark III since mine has yet to arrive from B and H Photo/Video. I am also renting a glidecam which is sort of like a smaller version of a steadicam but says it is almost virtually equal. I will test it out to see and hopefully this film will turn out to be intimate but great. We will just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the support,
Daniel Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment