Logo

Logo
Design by Dusten Wolff

Monday, April 16, 2012

Different Feeling Today

So yesterday morning I was on top of the world, couldn't be more happier for my film. Things were looking great, the shots were so nice and everyone was working so smoothly. I was just in a state of joy. Then while I was going through my morning cycle I got a message from one of my lead female actress' saying she didn't want to do it anymore. I was shocked, I couldn't believe I was getting this message, I mean all we had was two more days of shooting and that was it. I just responded with a "Really?" I thought it was a cruel joke, but she was serious...very serious because in her words she couldn't commit due to some personal issues. She never went into detail and I am not one to pry but that is what she said, even after I explained to her that I couldn't graduate on time if this film didn't get done correctly, and she at first said ok she could do it. Then 20 minutes later said that yeah she can't do it, blah, blah, blah. So I was pissed, not only do I now have to reshoot her scenes but also look like an amateur begging for another talent to come along for this film. I mean to quit after one day of shooting when all there is left is one more full day of shooting and a prom scene to be done from 8 to Midnight. It is utterly ridiculous to say the least. I mean completely unprofessional and I say to all my followers of this blog and all those making films in this state, do not work with this person. If you are an actor or filmmaker do not quit after the first day unless the situation is terrible for you, then feel free but when things are going great and everyone is working together well don't drop out. IT IS F*CKED UP!

I am not going to name any names or say anything more but just know to please be a professional. I mean this is more than just a film, this is my grade for a class, this is my chance to graduate from college on time, How heartless can a person be.

Thanks for the support,
Daniel Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment