Logo

Logo
Design by Dusten Wolff

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Video Portion Done

So the video portion of Voicebox is all done and it is almost exactly 14 minutes long before credits. I finally finished the first rough cut up and it looks pretty sweet and the prom scene which I thought may have been a total disaster didn't look half bad once it was all cut up. I think it has an emotional impact and it has a very compelling story that is simple yet complicated with each of the main characters lives being filled with large issues. To me it feels like a feature but plays as a short film which I think is what every short film strives for. It certainly doesn't look like a student film at all, it looks like a professional production! So I am excited I hope everyone else is excited, I can't wait to show it off to the world. I want to have a big screening for it!

Other news today, after going back to work yesterday for the first time in a while I think I came to a nice consensus with myself. I have decided to go with the route of only working three days a week at work (Mon., Tues., Weds.) and then having the rest of the week off to focus on film work and also booking other gigs. In the end I won't be working as much, but can still get something in the form of a steady paycheck and then at the same time commit enough energy to my film work. I am also selling all my video game stuff which I sold my Dreamcast + games today for $50 so I am happy.

Oh finally I wanted to say that I officially can not stand the way my immediate family (father and mother) view this film stuff. I was going into work yesterday and you would have thought that I was going off to my new job as a lawyer or something. My mom was so happy telling me to have fun and crap but when I tell her I am doing a film or even show her footage from this awesome project she shows no emotion and doesn't even seem to care. I mean I work a dead end job cleaning pots right now she shouldn't be cheering for me to even go to this craphole but yet she is.

Sorry I got off on a rant today but trust me I am in a great mood today!

Thanks for the support,
Daniel Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment