Logo

Logo
Design by Dusten Wolff

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

In My Head

Today has turned into another day for figuring out my film. I believe I have the cast and crew 80% nailed down at this point which is getting rid of a lot of stress that I had at one time, and now that the stress from that situation is coaxed I am focusing in my shots. I have been toying with the possibility of making the prom scene a long take or not and after seeing Silent House I really don't want to do it handheld, so I am thinking of doing a tracking shot. Yes...a tracking shot close to the end of the film, I know it is going to be a huge pain but worth it if the footage is beautiful. I am just having trouble with it because I am trying to think of how to keep it one long action or trying to sneak in a cut somewhere along the way. I am just going to keep trying to visualize it in my head and see where I can take things. Other than that once I get my actors I will have to buy wardrobe for all of them and also find a few extras to sit in the squatter house.

In other news I have an experimental short film to get done by March 29th and I finally found inspiration from an unlikely source yesterday. I downloaded the album Want by 3OH!3 just to get all nostagilic. As I was listening I heard a pair of lyrics that really stuck to me for some reason, those lyrics are here:

Kill the lights,  
These children learn from cigarette burns, fast cars, fast women, and cheap drinks, 
It feels right,  
All these asphyxiated, self-medicated; take the white pill, you'll feel alright, 
Kill the lights,  
These children learn from cigarette burns, fast cars, fast women, and cheap drinks, 
It feels right, 
All these asphyxiated, self-medicated

For some reason I love this statement and I want to make a whole experimental video based around it. I think I am going to use a combination of film scratching, metric editing, and tint mixing to make this video pretty cool. I just want to see a visual to go along with this statement.


I totally failed my math test today...that is all.


Thanks for the support,
Daniel Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment