Logo

Logo
Design by Dusten Wolff

Sunday, July 8, 2012

How to Fight

Today is a good day for self reflection...as I look back at myself in the mirror I see a man who is on the verge of being broken but also one who will fight harder and harder. I struggle everyday in this world as an artistic minded person...I fear this is a huge burden. It is a burden not just for me but for all who think artistically because we must struggle with the small details of not only our work but with ourselves. If things are perfectly aligned and structured for us, then nothing will be right. The constant criticism and complaints can at times bombard us with no remorse, but we must fight back by creating works that are stronger. I fight every day, and all other artists do as well. Do not stop fighting, do not stop doing what is right to make yourselves better. Support one another and show love...this is the only way we will all succeed against the many obstacles we face.

Random Movie Fact: In the 2005 film Thank You for Smoking, no one is shown smoking a cigarette throughout the entire movie. In fact, except in the black and white film that Naylor watches, no-one is seen even holding a cigarette. Naylor holds an empty packet and Robert Duvall holds an (unlit) cigar.

Thanks for the support,
Daniel Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment