Logo

Logo
Design by Dusten Wolff

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Music Video Production

Sorry for the huge delay in posts everyone, my apologies for that. This weekend was one full of ups and downs to say the least. The down was not being able to attend Otakon for sure, it was super disappointing, not only to my client but also to myself. The main problem was just not really finalizing the ride situation which was my fault. I had one ride locked down then things changed so I told them not to worry about it and then it changed again and those people weren't available. Then I tried a friend of mine who wasn't available but didn't let me know til late and by the time I found someone my client was already all done with being in costume which sucked.

On the up side though I got to start filming for a music video for a song called Three Beers Later which is a fun little country song with a lot of energy. We are making a video that is pretty funny and goofy which fits the nature of the song for sure. Sunday we mustered through a lot of the video but unfortunately had to come back Monday to finish it all up. Luckily the owners of the bar we filmed at were nice enough to let us come back on short notice. Now that we have all of that done however all that is left is the shots from the field, a location which we are in the process of locking down now. Once that is done we will edit it and finish everything all up!

Random Movie Fact: In the 1992 film Chaplin, during the scene when Chaplin is at work on Shoulder Arms he asks his cameraman Roland Totheroh how the light is. Totheroh (and the rest of the crew) replies 'better down at Barney's bar'. This was the signal for production to end for the day - the 'light' Chaplin was referring to was the light beer served at Barney Oldfield's bar, which was the favourite drink and hangout for the crew after filming.

Thanks for the support,
Daniel Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment