Logo

Logo
Design by Dusten Wolff

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Walking Past This

So last week while I wasn't home my dog jumped the fence and ran up to a lady walking her dog. My dog is a 95 pound German Shepherd and when she "plays," with a little dog she does get a little aggressive, however she did not really hurt the dog or anything, the vet said minor bruising which tells me that my dog was in fact just playing rough with this little dog. However since then this house I call home has been turned upside down and my parents are fighting to get rid of the dog, even threatening to just get rid of her when I am not around. Once I brought up the fact that legally I own the dog and if they do anything I will call the cops, of course my father who refuses to lose anything turns the psycho meter up and says some sh*t I don't even want to repeat.

Anyway why am I bringing all this up? Well the fact is this leaves me with no choice but to move out from my current residence and start living on my own. Is this earlier than I wanted to leave? Yes, but with no other real options, I don't have much of a choice. My parents threaten it at every chance they get, if we even get in the slightest of arguments, my dad always says "You know what, if that is the case you can just pack your stuff and leave." I am tired of it, sick of it, so that is exactly what I am going to do.

All my life since I am the oldest child, I have always sort of had it rough. Not only that but being the only son makes it even harder. The relationship I have had with my parents has never been good. I seem to be the one working the hardest but yet get punished the most. My sister who is two years younger than me on the other hand has had everything handed to her, cars, money, college, all of it scott free. Me on the other hand, I have had to work so hard to get exactly what I wanted and I have always tried to show my parents but they just don't care. It sucks ya know, mix all of that with the fact that for a while I was like the youngest of my cousins and I got picked on a lot. I have always been the outsider of my family and I don't know why but I just have.

However for all that is going on right now, I am truly blessed to be alive and thankful that I have what I have. Sure it is going to be hard living on my own but I am going to make it work as best I can and while the past has sucked it doesn't mean for one second I am going to stop fighting.

Random Movie Fact: In the 1980 film Raging Bull, when the real Jake LaMotta saw the movie, he said it made him realize for the first time what a terrible person he had been. He asked the real Vicki LaMotta "Was I really like that?". Vicki replied "You were worse."

Thanks for the support,
Daniel Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment