Logo

Logo
Design by Dusten Wolff

Monday, December 12, 2011

Social Experiment Day 2

Into the second day of my social experiment and last night I posted up as a man looking for women on craigslist, which was very different than what I expected. At first I got almost no responses actually overall I get little to no responses from the post. The main issue is every 5 seconds there are million more posts that go up, so at the end of the day it gets lost in the shuffle. When I did get responses they were just teasing style messages that were from girls (at least it seemed that way to me), however I took it a step further by responding to see where it went  and I found that most of these things led to websites where I would need to give my credit card information. Once I got to this step for a second it didn't seem that bad but I caught myself and was like no this is a scam...I can be pretty dumb sometimes. I have tried it a few times and have only really gotten a response from one woman who was actually looking and then all she wanted was a d*ck pic which I was like noooooooo way. This is a research project for school but I am not putting it out there like that. I can get into my role well but that was a step too far for me.

So that has been my experience so far with the casual encounters section of craigslist, it is a strange strange place on the internet.

Writing a paper but this was my pause from it. Back to film related things soon, now it is time to end this semester of school.

Thanks for the support,
Dan Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment