Logo

Logo
Design by Dusten Wolff

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Updating...Finally

Well this week has been all about updating my set up, thanks to my computer dying last Sunday. Last night with the help of a friend from work I ordered parts for a new computer setup, which he is willing to build for me which is awesome. This includes:

Intel i 720 2600k sandybridge
Western Digital Caviar Green 2 TB
OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
MSI P67AGD53
Nvidia Quadro FX 1800
Corsair XMS3 2x4gb 2 sets
Antec 750w

Total is about $1,450 which is about what I paid for my last build but I get a lot more power for editing in this one. The flaw in my last build was that is was made for more like an all around machine to do both editing and gaming. My interests have obviously changed so I am going with purely editing, not gaming machine what so ever.

In addition to that last night I also purchased Adobe Production Premium CS5 from the Academic Superstore for only $395 which is awesome, because I was trying out the demo on this labtop not optimized for editing at all and it runs great so it will be spectacular on my new build. Now to just get the memory off my old build which I hope that my friend is able to do and then on to the new one.

Thanks for the support,
Daniel Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment