Logo

Logo
Design by Dusten Wolff

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Today's Rant

I am tired of seeing crap...crap that people shouldn't be making into films. I am tired of the student films, of the music videos, short films, webseries, youtube videos, etc...that are all just terrible. Film is an art, it will always be an art when you film something that is total garbage don't pass it off as good, don't send it around and say oh yeah check this video out guys. Just stop it, look at what you are making and just stop.

Oh and those of you who watch those videos and are too chicken to say that it sucks, you need to stop the most. You think you are helping out...no you are not, you are making it worse. Just tell them it sucks, if they get hurt who cares because in the long run it will help. I only got here because I had a terrible friend who constantly told me my work sucked, I would make a video he would just run around dissing it as much as he could. Did I hate it? Yes! Did it make me angry? Yes!!!!! But it made me become a better filmmaker. I feel bad for those who make a steaming pile of crap video only to have everyone tell them it is great.

Be your own critic, don't make videos because you think it is going to make you money or get you famous. Make videos because you love the art, it makes you feel something inside, it is the only way to get better and to succeed.

Thanks for the support,
Daniel Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment